Scratch Live Help

Need help with Serato Scratch Live? Ask here.

reading Itunes list problem. . .

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
iPad mini
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
brian@brian-owen.com 2:25 AM - 3 November, 2004
My SSL library loads another copy of everything in any folder at startup.

Your thanks is appreciated!
Sam 5:55 AM - 4 November, 2004
What version are you using?
brian@brian-owen.com 11:07 PM - 5 November, 2004
I just upgraded to 1.2 same problem, the crates now have 4 copies of each track. . . the only difference is the CD icon on the left side. . .

Sorry for the delay, I work straight through wed-fri.
BassChamber 11:56 AM - 6 November, 2004
that CD icon means that track is on your iTunes library. you could have tracks in your iTunes Library, and other not.
Sam 10:41 PM - 7 November, 2004
Are you using the iTunes feature "keep iTunes music folder organized" (Under preferences, Advanced)
brian@brian-owen.com 6:21 PM - 8 November, 2004
yeah I am, should I ditch that?
brian@brian-owen.com 6:23 PM - 8 November, 2004
is there anyway to reset all crates etc and start over, this whole thing is a mess now. . .

What settings are best between itunes and serato.

Itunes organization feature sucks IMO and if that is what is causeing my crates to be so messy. . .
Shaun W 7:03 PM - 8 November, 2004
Ditch it....."Keep iTunes music folder organized" allows iTunes to move your audio files to keep your music "organized", but when the files move, SSL is unable to locate the moved files until you re-import them.

Trash the ScratchLIVE folder in your Music folder to start over with a clean slate mate.
brian@brian-owen.com 7:05 PM - 8 November, 2004
nads.

thanks!
brian@brian-owen.com 7:46 PM - 8 November, 2004
so I am going through everything right now in preperation for tomorrows show.

Serato just appears to have crashed. I am going through the library sorting into crates (13 of em) Over 200 tracks in the library right now. Also listening to iTunes. crash central. Help - If I lose all the crates I just did (made it to T in the library) I will be steamed.
brian@brian-owen.com 7:47 PM - 8 November, 2004
ok update: the library interface crashed, but not the application (appears in the CompSci major's eyes at least). So I closed out ok, and serato saved the crate info.

cheers on good development - cept the crashign part.
brian@brian-owen.com 7:48 PM - 8 November, 2004
but it did reload all trakcs again!! nuts. how can I avoid this. . . I have all these tracks w/ exclamtion points again!
Shaun W 8:14 PM - 8 November, 2004
Test if the !tracks will play in iTunes. My guess is that iTunes won't be able to locate them either.
brian@brian-owen.com 8:20 PM - 8 November, 2004
i tunes doesnt have the double list. . only scratch.

I unchecked read Ituens library since I sorted them all, but dont want to restart scratch if it is goign to still double up. . . I tunes is working fine.
DJ 3pm 8:45 PM - 8 November, 2004
your "iTunes Music Folder location" might have changed in your iTunes pref, this caused me to have double tracks awhile back
Sam 9:25 PM - 8 November, 2004
Brian. Scratch LIVE does support the "let iTunes move files around your hard drive" feature, but there have been a few reports of problems on Mac's, that we are looking into. If you can live without it, I would recommend you avoid it.
You can use the Rescan ID3 tags button in the setup screen to as a way of identifying all the tracks in your Scratch LIVE library that can't be found. You can then sort by status column (the first column in the Scratch LIVE library) to group all the unfound files, and delete them.

If you are really having problems, and need quick fix before your show, make crates in Scratch LIVE, and copy the contents of the iTunes playlists into those crates, and then turn off the read iTunes function. Rescan ID3 tags and delete the entries that can't be found.
Shaun W 9:44 PM - 8 November, 2004
Quote:
Scratch LIVE does support the "let iTunes move files around your hard drive" feature
oO I learn something new everyday :)
brian@brian-owen.com 10:31 PM - 8 November, 2004
hnmm, ok I will spin the radioshow now, reboot and let you know if the list doubles up again. . . Thanks for the help guys!
brian@brian-owen.com 12:59 AM - 9 November, 2004
list does double up , no matter what. I may just use I tunes playlists until this is squared away.
brian@brian-owen.com 1:46 AM - 9 November, 2004
So I have ditched using crates for now, and am simply importing everythign from Itunes, and managing my files that way. Unfortunate, but stable.
SpinThis! 3:48 PM - 9 November, 2004
are those doubles actual doubles? if you hit control-r on each of them, does the same mp3 open up in a window in the finder? if they have the itunes cd icon next to them, they're from itunes. if not, they're imports from scratch live. also, do those files actually load up?
brian@brian-owen.com 6:32 PM - 9 November, 2004
no they dont, they are just annoying. . .
SpinThis! 7:26 PM - 9 November, 2004
so they show up not found in red then...
SpinThis! 7:38 PM - 9 November, 2004
if that's the case and you can't delete them from ssl just using the delete key then you need to use itunes to delete them. search for the file inside itunes and try playing it there... odds are it can't find it either in which case you can delete it if you have another copy somewhere.
brian@brian-owen.com 10:51 PM - 9 November, 2004
there arent multiple copies rolling around, when I read the itunes library, it refills the crates with "doubles". Now using Itunes library, and I tunes playlists I can keep serato in order.